Frosted Chocolate Fudge Cake
- Preheat the oven to 325 F. Line two 6-cup loaf pans, each 8-1/2 x 4-1/2 x 2 inches.
- Combine the butter, oil, sugar, chocolate, milk and 2/3 cup water in a large saucepan and stir over low heat until the sugar dissolves and the chocolate melts. Remove from the heat.
- Sift together the flour, cocoa, baking powder and baking soda into a bowl. Beat into the chocolate mixture (using a wire whisk means the mixture is less likely to form lumps).
- Gradually beat the eggs, one at a time, into the chocolate mixture. Pour into the loaf pans and smooth the top with the back of a spoon. Place the pans on a baking sheet and bake for 50 minutes, or until a skewer comes out clean when inserted into the center of each cake. Cool in the pans for 5 minutes. Turn out onto a wire rack; peel off the paper and cool completely, crust-side-up.
- To make the fudge topping, bring the cream and corn syrup just to a boil in a small saucepan, then remove from the heat.
- Put the chocolate chips in a heatproof bowl and gradually add the cream a little at a time, stirring after each addition, until all the cream has been added and the mixture is smooth.
- Place the bowl into a larger bowl of ice or refrigerate until the mixture has cooled and thickened. Spoon onto the cakes and spread over the top with a flexible metal spatula. It may run a little over the sides.
|Nutrition Facts |
Serving Size: 24
Servings: Serves 16 to 18
Amount Per Serving
Calories 359 Calories from Fat 243
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 27g 41%|
|Saturated Fat 16g 80%|
|Cholesterol 50mg 16%|
|Sodium 33mg 1%|
|Total Carbohydrates 53g 17%|
|Dietary Fiber 5g 20%|
|Sugar 37g %|
|Protein 10g 16%|
|* Percent Daily Values are based on 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.|