Crispy Lemon-Lime Sesame Chicken
- To make the marinade, place yogurt, onion, garlic, lime juice, lemon peel, lemon pepper and paprika in a large bowl, and stir to mix well. Set aside.
- Rinse the chicken under cold water, and pat dry with paper towels. Add the chicken pieces to the marinade mixture, and toss until all the pieces are well coated.
- Place the chicken pieces and the marinade in a resealable bag, expelling as much air as possible. Seal the bag, and lay it in a flat container for at least 1 hour in the refrigerator, turning the bag occasionally to evenly distribute the liquid.
- While the chicken is marinating, place the corn flakes in a large resealable plastic bag. Cover with a kitchen towel, and use a rolling pin to crush the flakes into fine crumbs.
- Add the thyme, poultry seasoning, garlic salt, paprika and sesame seeds to the corn flake crumbs, seal the bag, and shake to mix thoroughly. Pour the mixture into a pie pan or other shallow dish, and set aside.
- Spray two large nonstick baking sheets with 2 coats of cooking spray. Remove the chicken pieces from the marinade, and roll each piece in the corn flake mixture, coating well. Arrange the pieces in a single layer on the baking sheets, and spray the tops lightly with the cooking spray.
- Bake on the center rack of a preheated 400Â°F oven for 40 to 45 minutes, or until easily pierced with a fork and no longer pink when cut with a knife. During baking, turn each piece every 10 to 15 minutes to insure even browning. Serve hot.
|Nutrition Facts |
Serving Size: 10
Servings: Serves 6 to 8
Amount Per Serving
Calories 214 Calories from Fat 117
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 13g 20%|
|Saturated Fat 12g 60%|
|Cholesterol 21mg 7%|
|Sodium 639mg 26%|
|Total Carbohydrates 44g 14%|
|Dietary Fiber 10g 40%|
|Sugar 21g %|
|Protein 20g 33%|
|* Percent Daily Values are based on 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.|