Pork Tenderloin with Apples and Onions
- Season the pork with the thyme and 1/4 teaspoon of the pepper.
- Cut the tenderloin into 6 - 6oz pieces. Trim the fat and pound into 1/2 inch thick pieces.
- Lightly coat 2 nonstick skillets with vegetable cooking spray and place them over high heat. When they are hot, add the pork and cook it for 2 to 3 minutes on each side. Transfer the meat to an ovenproof platter and keep it warm in a 180Â° oven while you make the sauce.
- Divide the onions between the skillets and sautÃ© them for about 3 minutes, until they are softened. Combine all the onions in 1 of the skillets.
- Add the vinegar, water, sugar and cumin to the skillet. Stir in the apples, salt and the remaining 1/2 teaspoon pepper. Cover and boil the mixture gently over medium heat for 4 to 5 minutes, until the liquid is almost gone and the apples are moist and tender.
- Return the pork (and any juices that have accumulated on the platter) to the skillet and reheat for 1 to 2 minutes. Serve immediately.
|Nutrition Facts |
Serving Size: 6
Servings: Serves 6
Amount Per Serving
Calories 313 Calories from Fat 108
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 12g 18%|
|Saturated Fat 8g 40%|
|Cholesterol 125mg 41%|
|Sodium 397mg 16%|
|Total Carbohydrates 19g 6%|
|Dietary Fiber 6g 24%|
|Sugar 15g %|
|Protein 50g 83%|
|* Percent Daily Values are based on 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.|