Linguine with Garlic Shrimp
- Thaw shrimp, if frozen. Set aside. For garlic paste, cut 1/2 inch off the pointed portions of garlic bulbs. Remove the outer papery layers of the garlic. Place both bulbs on a piece of foil. Bring edges of foil together to form a pouch. Seal. Bake garlic in a 375Â° oven for 35 to 40 minutes or until very soft. When cool enough to handle, use your fingers to press garlic pulp from each clove. Mash pulp with a spoon or fork to make a smooth paste (should have about 2 to 3 tablespoons). Set aside.
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain. Cover to keep warm.
- Meanwhile, in a large saucepan cook mushrooms and sweet pepper in hot oil until pepper is tender.
- In a small bowl stir together the garlic paste, water, basil, cornstarch, oregano, bouillon, granules, and black pepper. Add to mushroom mixture in saucepan. Cook and stir until thickened and bubbly. Add the shrimp to the mushroom mixture. Cover and simmer about 2 minutes or until shrimp turns pink. Stir in tomatoes; heat through.
- To serve, spoon shrimp over pasta. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Toss to combine.
|Nutrition Facts |
Serving Size: 6
Servings: Serves 6
Amount Per Serving
Calories 260 Calories from Fat 144
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 16g 24%|
|Saturated Fat 13g 65%|
|Cholesterol 120mg 40%|
|Sodium 110mg 4%|
|Total Carbohydrates 41g 13%|
|Dietary Fiber 10g 40%|
|Sugar 10g %|
|Protein 28g 46%|
|* Percent Daily Values are based on 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.|